Trying to remove bad links from the search results is not an easy task. There is no way to ask Google or other search engines to help you in this quest. The companies who host the negative comments etc. who offer some resolution for a fee are often simply scams designed to extort money from you.
It is a tougher technical challenge but much safer strategy to instead occupy the fist few pages of results about your name or brand and populate these results with positive reviews and testimonials.
It is no small task to do and a company without specific resources and expert knowledge in this area will often struggle to achieve any lasting or effective results. The emphases here is on lasting... As you want a solution from the start which will eliminate the chance of this type of attack on your company ever happening.
In fact it would be considered prudent by larger companies to incorporate this type of defense into their long term SEO strategy to preemptively counter any attack and to also ensure against any competition trying to steal your hard earned traffic by ranking for your company name with their competing service.
A couple of tools and techniques:
1) Set up a Google alert for your company name so you are immediately alerted to anyone publishing content about your brand.
2) Do a search right now on your company name and check the first 100 results to ensure there is nothing lurking in the background which may rise in time and cause problems.
3) Submit content about your company on services such as Fastcompany, Youtube, any site which has a lot of authority and will rank well.
4) Contact us for a list of such companies.
5) Link to these articles and ensure the search engines see them as authority pages.